Criminal Investigation – Week 2 Assignment 1
In May 1985, Kathryn “Katie” Eastburn and her two daughters, Kara, 5, and Erin, 3, were murdered in their home, on the outskirts of Fayetteville, N.C., near Fort Bragg. Police found Katie next to her bed, raped and murdered. Two of her three daughters were also stabbed to death, their throats cut.
The assignment is for you to watch this YouTube video of the crime, making notes on your observations. Then you will assume the role of criminal investigator and, based on our studies this week, you are to write out your interrogation of the suspect in this case, Tim Hennis. In doing so, you can make the following assumptions:
This interrogation occurs after Hennis is arrested and charged through the military (the second time)
Hennis has been read his Miranda rights and has waived his rights (agreed to speak with you about the case)
Remember, in the second trial Hennis changes his story a little by claiming he and Katie had consensual sex, but he still maintains he didn’t kill her or her children. That being said, Hennis is not offering any information you don’t ask for, but freely answers any questions you ask him.
Your submission should be very detailed to include:
· the location, date, and time of the interview
· anyone you would have present
· the method of documentation (if any)
· information you would use from the first trial (if any) during the interrogation
· a detailed description of techniques you would use with your questioning
· a detailed description of the approach you will use when asking questions
· specifically, what type of questions you would ask (from the five types listed in the textbook – you may use more than one)
· what, if any, legal deception techniques you might use during the questioning (remember, just because he is answering your questions does not mean he is telling you everything)
· and finally, once all of the above is laid out, provide a DETAILED list of specific questions you are going to ask
It is expected you will ensure all the information covered in Chapter 6 of our course textbook (including the checklist on page 221) will be covered in your final submission. Naturally, anything else that has been covered thus far in the course may be used if you deem it appropriate.
Additional Resources that may help with your assignment…
The story of this murder is laid out in this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmH00rza5Ds (41 minutes; published by TVTrue1)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more