Solved by verified expert:Create an annotated bibliography:Find 3 creditable sources (articles, books, academic journals, etc) and cite them properly using MLA. Provide a brief summary (short paragraph 3-5 sentences) for each source using paraphrasing. Detail why these sources help support your thesis statement.add answer some question
Unformatted Attachment Preview
COMM 1007: Essay Draft
Self-Evaluation – Editing Help
Be as specific as possible, and answer the following using complete sentences/paragraphs.
1. Did you follow the instructions – did you complete research at the GBC library and use at least
three reputable sources in your argument?
2. Did you choose a broad topic? If so, did you get your topic approved by me first? If not, get
your topic approved ASAP.
3. In your essay, highlight at least three areas where you used evidence from the article(s) to
support your ideas. Did you explain the importance or significance of your quote/paraphrase,
and how it supports your thesis?
4. Is your essay at least 1000 words? Is it formatted according to MLA document standards?
5. Did you cite your sources according to MLA guidelines? How did you make sure you were
citing properly? Where did you go for help?
6. Rewrite the first sentence of your essay in the space below. Is this an attention-grabber/hook?
Why or why not? If it isn’t a ‘hook’, how can you change the opening sentence so that it grabs
the reader’s attention?
7. Consider your introduction: did you define and introduce your topic before moving to your
thesis? Is your introduction interesting and engaging? Will you change anything about your
8. Highlight your thesis. Is it at the end of your introduction (if not, it should be!)? Is it 1-2
9. Does it directly answer the topic question? Does it have a claim + reasons? Does it present a
clear argument and acknowledge the importance of that argument? For help, see Chapters 3
and 13 in our textbook.
10. Read your introduction aloud, or record yourself reading it on your phone. When you listen to
yourself read it, do you notice any writing/wording errors?
11. Does each body paragraph have a topic sentence? Write each of your topic sentences in the
12. Did you use transition words between ideas/across paragraphs? Highlight four examples of
transitions used in your essay.
13. Did you use signal phrases (ie According to…) before using summaries, paraphrases, and
quotations? On your essay, highlight three examples of signal phrases.
14. Did you use a combination of paraphrases and quotes from the articles to support your ideas?
Did you cite those properly using MLA in-text citations? Scan your essay for each in-text
citation – is each citation formatted properly?
15. Highlight the areas where you briefly summarized your argument in your conclusion. Was your
thesis clearly and concisely re-worded in “fresh” language (ie not copied and pasted from your
16. Underline or highlight three areas in your paper that use the rhetorical strategies we’ve
covered in class (ie logos, ethos, pathos, etc.).
17. Be sure to review the logical fallacies, and ensure you don’t fall into any of these traps in your
18. Is your Works Cited/Reference page formatted according to MLA guidelines? What is the most
challenging part of using MLA?
19. Did you use your computer’s spelling/grammar check tool? Do any words or sentences still
show up as incorrect? How will you make sure those errors are correct before your final copy
of the essay is due?
20. Let a trusted friend or family member read your essay, or take it to the TLC. What feedback do
they have for you?
21. What is your biggest writing challenge? How will you make sure you can try to overcome this
challenge before you submit this essay? What steps have you taken to improve your writing on
22. What do you think is your essay’s greatest weakness? How do you plan to overcome this
weakness before you submit your final copy?
23. What was your essay’s greatest strength? Why?
24. What did you find most challenging about this assignment?
25. What did you learn during the course of this assignment?
26. What will you do differently to improve for the final draft of your essay?
Our essay writing service fulfills every request with the highest level of urgency.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more