Solved by verified expert:For your 8th and final essay, you must answer the following question: Who are you?This question is not meant to trick you, and it most certainly is not meant to be a joke. In class on Friday, March 8th, I discussed a number of strategies you can use to answer this question. You can choose to follow one of the strategies I recommended, or you can develop your own strategy for answering this question. It’s up to you. As you draft your response, please demonstrate that you have learned a thing or two by taking this sociology course. That is important. Your completed essays must be between 1050-1200 words.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Who Am I ?
Our group memberships are the elementary parts of our social identity.
In – And – Out GROUPS
Racism, Classism, Sexism, etc. = Extreme examples of In and Out Group Dynamics
• stereotyping tend to exaggerate
1. Differences between groups
2. similarities among members;
• stereotyping tend to downplay
1. Similarities between groups;
2. Differences among members.
The 3 Key Mental Processes of Categorical Thinking:
• Mental Process #1: Categorization
• Mental Process #2: Identification
• Mental process #3: Comparison
Who are you? An in class activity
• Who are your salient identities?
• What groups do you identify with?
• name, race, class, gender, age, education, job, nationality, place of residence, sexual
orientation, religion/ spirituality, ability/disability, body, type, life experience, life style,
family status, etc etc.
• Nine questions ( will relate to final paper, don’t think over it, just quick thought result)
① The part of my identity that I am most aware of on a daily basis is ______
② The part of my identity that I am least aware of on a daily basis is ______
③ The part of my identity that was most emphasized or important in my family growing
up was _____
④ The part of my identity that grants me the most privilege on a daily basis is _____
⑤ The part of my identity that I believe is the most misunderstood by others is _____
⑥ The part of my identity that is difficult to discuss with others who identity differently
than me is _____
⑦ The part of my identity that makes me a target for discrimination is _____
⑧ The part of my identity that makes me most proud is _____
⑨ The part of my identity that I wish I could change is_____
• What did you find surprising about your answers?
• Did you find this difficult to do?
• How often – and how deeply – do you think about these various parts of your identities?
• Allows proper to discuss their identities and understand the experiences of others
• Demonstrates that people who identify in same way can experience different levels of
self-consciousness about their particular identities
• Gives us chance to reflect ably how we experience our social identities on daily basis
Intersectionality: how our different identities intersect, interact, and affect our daily lives.
Our essay writing service fulfills every request with the highest level of urgency.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more